September 13, 2022

Wooden scarecrow



 Every fall my husband and I try to do some kind of yard project together. This year it was making this cute little scarecrow out of a piece of  a scrap of pine wood 1x12 cut 2 1/2 foot long. he scribed the lines in to look like it was actually single boards. I whitewashed  the boards first and then I painted the top part red for the hat which is a 1x4 14” long for the crossbar for the hat. I added a silk and tweed flower. I  used acrylic paints To freehand the face.  Made this for my daughter’s birthday. 






6 comments:

  1. Awesome and a great outdoor decor project! Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, love it!
    Thank you for joining us at PAM Challenges!
    Val - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. What a great project. ) Thanks for playing along with us at Morgan's ArtWorld. Deanna CT

    ~ Deanna CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to make one of these while I am restoring my kitchen ceiling and walls! Perfect time with bits of boards lying about everywhere! :) This is just so cute! I love the painting you did and the faux lines really added a nice touch! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz PAM Challenge this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Mirtillamente Challenge!
    //evelin*mlj °owner and designer°°

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode Challenges.

    ReplyDelete