August 25, 2016

Hip to be square



For this challenge I started with maroon textured card stock and then I embossed on white with the Swiss dot pattern.  I cut another square out of the maroon and stamped my sentiment on white. Then I cut another longer strip of maroon and put my three squares of pattern flower paper and popped the flowers of the page With a bit of tape foam... I like working with 8 x 10 card stock and I cut it in half sometimes the length ways, but most the time just in half, Then I have two cards. Another reason I like doing that is because then you can flip it open from the bottom to the top or you could open like a book and they fit perfectly into an A2 envelope without doing any extra cutting.

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.nl/

4 comments:

  1. The embossing adds such an elegant touch to this card. Love the color combo.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Emboss It challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've used the floral squares and they're perfect with the embossed background.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and the embossing is really elegant.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    My Mum's Craft Shop,
    In The Pink Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely design and having the images down one side looks very stylish :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It challenge!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete